Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery pod. (question for Dan H.)

Bill,

I can get you some Hobie 18 hulls from an abandoned boat. Finding beach-cat style hulls in the 20-24' range will be very problematic. You would likely be better off finding a pontoon boat with the aluminum cylinder hulls.

Also, beach catamaran hulls are extremely low-buoyancy. They depend on waterline ratios of 11:1 or greater to achieve their high speeds (they're displacement craft, not planing craft). Even the 20' boats have hulls that are only 1' wide at most, and that is not at the waterline. I'd have to know how heavy your wetsub is to tell you if it can be floated by a Hobie-style hull

Risk