Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery pod. (question for Dan H.)

Thanks Dan, Again, very clear explanation. Thank you very much to take the time.

Thanks Bill, Very good idea using PVC. Thank you very much also to respond to my question.

You both gave me very much appreciated informations.

My design is mainly to be used in scuba deepth. I'm currently certified to dive at 60 feet max. And I doesn't plan to go deeper in the near futur with or without the sub.

Battery pods: I think using PVC is a cheap and easy substrats to work with. I like that! But I prefer the liability of the openning end made from steel. I might do a hybrid of both pods... I'll let you know guys.

I don't think i will pressure compensate the pod. There is some air inside the battery (lead-acid) and I'm affraid that if put under pressure they will crack. If I had AGM battery, I wouldn't even build a pod. I would place the battery inside and that's it. Like Alec do.

Well, time to go shopping on mc-master carr again!

Thanks again, very helpful!

Pierre Poulin
Québec, Canada

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan H." <jmachine@adelphia.net>