Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub building business

Title: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] sub building business
Hello,

I agree with Phil Alec and others; psub business is at least difficult due to a small market and a complicated product.
People built psubs because one- off subs are far to expensive or they find that building is half the fun.

However small, there might be a market for psub parts. Not everybody has the knowledge and machines to make parts. I was thinking of the following parts wich can be used for Kboats , the OSS project or any other 0.5 to 4 ton psub:

-mech. troughhulls
-flat viewports
-dome vieweports
-LSS
-underwater lights
-more

Parts could be made from proven, open source drawings. Produced following international standards  (including metric please) so the sub can be certified if wanted.

Casten and I have a go with the Acrylic dome ; we will see.

regards, Emile van Essen