From: "Alec Smyth" <Alec.Smyth@compuware.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 2004 11:10 AM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub building business

Vance, this post is a saver! I haven't towed Snoopy yet, but I ultimately
want to head to Florida with her and given the geography, it seems long tows
are unavoidable. I can see what you're talking about with the burping
effect. Even in quiet waters, any rocking of the boat whatsoever results in
a big burp and she settles lower in the water. I'd probably end up being
towed half-submerged unless I blew air into the MBTs every second wave.

Given how the MBT shells are affixed to the steel framing, I can't see an
easy way to put "lids" under them. All I can see is making entirely new MBTs
that wrapped under the framing, with flood holes on the centerline. Is that
what you have in mind? Have you actually built new MBTs for your boat?

Maybe several K boat owners might make this a common effort and share the
molds. I presume a K-250 MBT is too small for a K-350?

thanks,

Alec