Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Bilge pump thrusters

Dan,

Here's some more food for thought--salt water and "yanking" plugs. It'll stand your hair on end, and that's if you're lucky. Captain George used to use a big paper wrapped fuse for the 36v system which you'd snap out using plastic pliers. That ain't much better in my opinion. My sub has a string of breakers rated for the service, under rubber boots, more or less completely isolated from the internal atmosphere to lessen the opportunity for any short term passion between hydrogen and oxygen. It's a simple solution, put 'em in a box, switch 'em on, go diving. Easy.

Vance