Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] SCRs

At 10:18 AM 12/7/2004, you wrote:

Dave,
SCRs are used throughout the sub industry for motor controllers on DC 120V (mostly) propulsion systems. It ain't news.

Strange they would use SCRs. I guess it's because motor control was being used in subs before the FET.

I found this in the electric car club too. Most people had chopper circuits using SCRs, I couldn't understand why as the resistance and voltage drop is greater than a FET.

Dave Everett
---