RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Complaints about submersibles visiting the Titanic

Wow - can you say over-reaction?

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Erik Muller
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 10:13 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Complaints about submersibles visiting the
Titanic

No way! Id be first in line for buring property of the ecological
vandals!, do unto others I say!

You have a very funny idea of how to manage property, but perhaps from
now, you can keep your ideas offlist, since they are hardly related to
submarines.
Its a pity, since I have blocked you from my personal mail list. EM.

Coalbunny wrote:

> Nothing wrong with being a tree hugger, Erik.  Until it gets to the
> point of burning homes, destroying personal property, tree spiking or
> murdering people.  As for Yellowstone, good luck, 'cause you're gonna
> need it.  Blame the NPS.  One thing I learned in my "efforts" is if
> you make it a park, people will come.  The best way to keep it
> pristine is to NOT make it a park.  Park status protects nothing, but
> only provides a mode of income for some brainless twit in Washington
DC.
> Carl
>

> Erik Muller wrote:
>
>> Im a tree hugger!, and I'll do my darndest to stop humanity from
>> turning beautiful yellowstone into a plastic los angeles! Get away
>> you ecological vandals!!
>>
>> Unfortunatly, I can't claim to be a 'wealthy' treehuggers. That is a
>> stereotype that is a new one for me!!
>>
>> Peace man, I have to tie-dye my pants now.
>>

>> No Periscope wrote:
>>
>>>     It was only a matter of time before this subject became a
>>>     significant problem and a deep concern of mine personally.  I've
>>>     gone through the comments from each of you and made notes for
>>>     each.  I've deleted portions but have kept the meat of your
>>>     comments.  I don't think I've taken anything out of context and
>>>     agree with each for the most part. To keep it simple to
understand
>>>     I've made my comments in *BOLD*.... Dave
>>>
>>>          1st hand although the pillaging of the wreck and landing on
>>> it's
>>>     deck is unforgivable, it is still a grave site after all. People
>>>     who vandalize, and people who let people vandalize, don't have
>>>     rights to monuments. I personally don't feel that the titanic
>>>     falls under this category, but there are plenty who do.
>>>
>>>     *I don't believe that a grave site is a significant issue.  Any
>>>     one there is dead and couldn't care less.  People have been
giving
>>>     tours by bus around grave yards in Hollywood for ages and no one
>>>     ever says a dam thing about it. It's even publicly advertised.
The
> [...]
>>>     that make something happen, those that watch things happen, and
>>>     those that ask what happened? The legal system that is so deeply
>>>     entrenched in the US is spreading to other countries and seems
>>>     be a disses out of control.  This has created it's own anti
virus
>>>     which forces* *or requires* *some to travel outside the
boundaries
>>>     of the road most traveled.  Activities have always occurred at
>>>     night and will continue as long as necessary and loop holes will
>>>     be found by those that look for them.  *
>>>     Ian, my fife cents - Titanic is made from mild steel and will be
>>>     gone in 50-100 years completly - with or without submersibles..
>>>     Better they visit them now and so often they can - make
pictures,
>>>     videos and raise something for public museum porpose before she
is
>>>     a debris
>>>     field of flat plates. I can not believe that a submersible touch
>>>     the deck with almost zero bouancy can badly damage a stable
wreck
>>>     - and a unstable wreck will go in a couple of years anyway. In
the
>>>     baltic sea - now virtual every wreck in german waters is protect
>>>     by law for archelogical reason - even the newer ones..  there is
>>>     no lost information on board of the Titanic make it worth to
>>>     special-protect this wreck so that only siencetific can visit
>>>     here. Its great history for shure - but a archaeological site ?
>>>
>>>     best regards Carsten
>>>
>>>     *Your absolutely right Carsten, the reality of any submersible
>>>     causing damage to a ship that sank in 12,000 feet of water is a
>>>     crazy joke.  It seems to me that the real damage happened years
>>>     ago when they ran into that giant ice cube floating around in
the
>>>     Atlantic. It was a total loss, what are these people thinking,
>>>     have they forgotten how it got there. These people are stupid,
>>>     when a car ends up in the junk yard, you can scratch the paint
and
>>>     nobody sys any thing.  Even though someone may have died in the
>>>     wreck.        *
>>>      Although must of people on the list won't get a drive a
submarine
>>>      to see the Titanic, this is a high profile monument and when
>>> people
>>>      claim that it's damaged by submersibles, it gives all
submersibles
>>>      a bad name...
>>>
>>>      Ian.
>>>
>>>     *I wouldn't worry about it to much Ian, I feel that most adults
>>>     have gotten to a place that they give the media little to no
>>>     credit and realize that it's just a bad late show.  And as for
the
>>>     written press, any one that believes what they read in a news
>>>     paper is never going to make an important difference in any one
>>>     else's life any way.  All they can do is slow us down.*

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/mobile/*http://mobile.yahoo.com
/maildemo>