Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Theory of Submarine Design book

I liked "Concepts In Submarine Design" for the nice intro/overview
it brings to sub design (even if it's military orientated).

When I was Portland for the pusbs'04 convention I picked up a copy
of "Theory of Submarine Design" from Powells Books.  Which is for
the most part covers the same things as "Concepts In Submarine Design",
but I found that where "Concepts In Submarine Design" got a little thin
on details (for example it provides a number of equations that are
incomplete, or doesn't explain all the variables properly), "Theory of
Submarine Design" was able to provide more complete equations.

But if you've read "Concepts In Submarine Design" your not missing
much, but if you're thinking of buying it you might want to consider
the "Theory of Submarine Design".

Theory of Submarine Design
Yuri N. KORMILITSIN, Oleg A. KHALIZEV

It was published in Great Britan in 2001, there is not indication
of who published it.  Possibly Saint-Petersburg State Maritime
Technical University?  There is no identification code on the book
what so ever.  That's probably going to make it hard to find, but
I think that they might a few copies at the Powells Books in
Portland, OR.   Sorry I couldn't give a more helpful reference.
I paid $14.95 for the (some) color hardback.  Sorry I couldn't
give a more helpful reference or ISBN number.

Maybe somebody else knows a little more about this book?

Ian.