Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] New Member/Test Message

  Hello every one. Back in the 60's my dad took me to see 20,000 leagues under the
  sea. since then I had to have my own psub. In 1983 I started to build the BOBBER
  out of  anything (parts) I could scavenge. Being 3/4 finished It sat in my garage for
  20 years. One day surfing the net, I found I wasn't the only nut out there with a
  crazy dream. Winter 2003, work resumed.August 2003 the BOBBER saw it's first
  water (in the back yard swimming pool)to the dismay of my wife and son.
  The first try it had so many leaks one might have thought I installed a shower inside
  The second try (a week later) I discovered a mouse  had made a home in the
  Ballast plumming ( over the years ) plugging up the works.  The third try was a
  success. It floated in the pool for a month and a half  (no leaks) coool.
  August 2004 the BOBBER was launched in the lake (private) across the street
  from our home. It still has some bugs .I need to add 175lbs more ballast to the
  keel beam. and pop for some good battries. It is a modest little sub at 1525lbs.
  And is only good for 15' dives (to be on the safe side). It has air tubes to the surface
  on a float for fresh air venting & has 6 100psi air tanks for ballast blow.
  It sat in the lake for 2 months ( the algea made it green). got to use it twice w/
  limited success. It is still to light (more ballast)." Anyhow "enough rambling
  gotta go.      SEA YA  BYE