Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Starting my sub

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:25:44 +0200 MerlinSub@t-online.de (Carsten
Standfuss) writes:

> I was thinking about the missing mini-sub prototyps shown in 1947 in
> Fort Lauderdale, german, britisch and italian - one of the single
> seater
> "Delphin" midget was shown there and is still missing. And were are
> all
> the prototyps papers are gone ?

Carsten,

If the documents were not destroyed near the end of the war then they
exist.
The US National Archives would have most, if not all, of the construction
documents and blue prints.  However, it's very expensive to have a search
done and that is in addition to the cost of providing a copy of the
documents.
Also, I was led to believe that a few are still classified?  One could
invoke
FOIA [ Freedom of Information Act ] to obtain them , but if these were
really
classified, then only parts of the documents would be given and the rest
censored.

Have you considered putting your submersibles projects onto paper
and publishing them ?

--Steve

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!