Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Starting my sub

Steven Mills schrieb:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:31:56 +0200 MerlinSub@t-online.de (Carsten
> Standfuss) writes:
> >
> > > Off topic :  Perhaps you could disspell or validate a rumor/story
> > I heard while living in Germany many years ago....snip.......
> > >

> > Year we have a lot of this storys here. I saw three XXI class
> > submarine
> > with my own eyes in a blown and sunken pen in hamburg - Surfacing
> > all 12
> > hours during low tidde..
> >

> Did you investigate [ like in dive ] the wreckage at high tide?  Or was
> it too
> unsafe to explore it?

I had my scuba gear with me was mid of the nienties - but saw that
inside the hatches everthing was filled with lose cables and piping -
and decide not to dive. No they are buried under tons of sand 4 meter
high and a parking lot is on top of it..

> > Steve - more intessting is were all the prototyps are gone -
> > captures by
> > the US-Army in 1945 - and transfered to the US-Depots
> > in some US-Dessert and long forgotten..
> >

> On the whole, you are right. But there are a few who are familiar with
> the history of these prototypes including myself and members of this
> forum.
> Also, recently the History channel and Discovery channel have had a
> documentary series on German technology and these prototype aircraft.
>
> I believe if you trace the history of the current stealth and high
> performance
> aircraft, one will find the legacy of German ingenuity and technology.
> So, all is not forgotten.
>
> --Steve

I was thinking about the missing mini-sub prototyps shown in 1947 in
Fort Lauderdale, german, britisch and italian - one of the single seater
"Delphin" midget was shown there and is still missing. And were are all
the prototyps papers are gone ?

regards Carsten