Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] BOATING AND WATER USE ACTIVITIES

Brian,

I think that's a good idea.  However, personally, I hate politics and
organizations whose political agenda supercedes scientific research
'they' pretend to represent. So, be wary of what and who you hook up
with IMHO.  The one you consider joining just might be the one that
does us all in.

Check out Society for Amateur Science ;  www.sas.org

Shawn Carlson, the president of SAS, was formerly with Scientific
American
and carried on the tradition of C.L Stong's   "The Amateur Scientists'"
projects column. [ no longer featured in that mag. ]

They have lobbied with lawmakers, with success, in promoting and
fostering individual civilian research and projects and access to
resources
that would not normally be available to non academics and
nonprofessionals.

--Steve