Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical Connections. "NOT"

Hi DJB

If external motor seal failed or a light fixture imploded, or other damaged occurred that caused to one of external electronically connected items to fail then wouldn't you start flooding?  Also the ends that I have see which are compressed onto the hose ends have rather sharp edges on the portion of the fitting that is inside the hose.  Since the hose is being squeezed and not pressurized then I wonder it that might cause the hose to be cut by the fitting before it was supported by the wiring?  I guess you could fill the hoses with epoxy to prevent them from compressing but they would no longer be conduits and there is no guarantee that it will hold the pressure the day you remove a light with a rock wall.  I do think they will make great conduit connections for ambient compensated external devices such as thrusters.

Doug Jackson