Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: [PSUBS-MANIA) Variable pitch & Orifice

Aha........ Is there something constructive in all this gibberish or are you just being a smart @$$?

Dan H.
----- Original Message -----
From: Fly Deep
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 5:07 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: [PSUBS-MANIA) Variable pitch & Orifice

Hi All

     I was just thinking that maybe we could use the power take off unit from an old dump truck and have it operate with rubber bands.  We can have the rubber bands wrapped around a free spinning propeller that will acquire it?s power from the water rushing past the submarine as it could be driven with compressed air from our tanks.  Can any one determine how many cubic feet! of compressed air I?ll need to circumnavigate the globe and what type of rubber bands should I look for because the compressor driven by the old power take off would probably get hot.  Also what size orifice should I use so that I get the most thrust for a given amount of compressed air. I know that the compressor will fill the tanks as I jet through the water but it should be as efficient as possible any way.    I?m also going to weld handles onto the compressed air tanks so that I can hold onto them as an escape module as necessary.  I wont need to worry about my lungs exploding because I have a friend that works in a parachute factory and he?s going to make a very tight fitting vest for me.  This should also help incase I go ballistic after leavening the surface and accidentally end up in or! bit like those guys with their toy rocket did last week.  Oh, I just thought of some thing too?Should I put variable pitch blades on the propeller that?s operating the old dump truck power take off that?s running with rubber bands that?s turning the compressor that?s filling the tanks that are expelling compressed air through an orifice that?s creating thrust so the submarine will jet through the water?  DJB

Do you Yahoo!?