Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sound Absorption

Hi Martin,
As a further to my off-list email to you: If you are not already, I would strongly reccomend that you get scuba certified. If you build an ambient machine, you legally need to be certified anyhow, since an ambient is basically a big glorified dry scuba suit! (Hey, Im planning to build one, so I can say what I like about it..!)
EM.

Marten Liebster wrote:

Erik,

Thanks, that's a good idea about the mock-up. Next I'd need to find the
formulas to determine buoyancy - weight versus air within. If someone could
point me in that direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Regardless how the plan works out ambient or 1 atmosphere, having different
options is appreciated.

With an ambient, doesn't the water level within the sub rise the deeper you
go - as the air gets compressed?
Do you plan on compensating for this - for example: releasing air from
canisters? Or is your sub designed in such a way that is taken into account?

Do you plan on using battery pods to isolate the batteries from water?

Do you enter the sub from underneath then, while it's in the water?

Thanks again.

Marten