[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull materials - fiberglass???

I hope I'm not bothering you guys with all of my questions. This is just a
great place to get information, as there are so many experienced psub-ers
here!

In looking through the PSUBS pictures I came across the one being built by
Alan D. Secor (http://www.psubs.org/psub_pic/alan_pic.html). The description
mentions that the original builder, Taylor Commercial Submarine Co., rated
it for 600 feet.

What piqued my interest was that it was made of FRP (fiberglass).

If I plan on not descending below 100 or so feet, is fiberglass a viable
option for the hull?

It seems as this would be less expensive and a lower weight option as
compared to a metal hull. However, I do realize that a metal hull would
potentially be a more sturdy hull.

Would, at such relatively low depths, fiberglass would be as safe (assuming
it is designed and reinforced properly)?

Marten