RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sound Absorption

Hum... I know that some people fill the electric motor with mineral oil. So it should not be conductive.

Pierre

From: "Marten Liebster" <mliebster@tbteam.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sound Absorption
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:44:12 -0400

Pierre,

I considering doing that. I'm already planning on having separate
compartments for the battery packs - 1 main and 1 back-up.

If make a box-like compartment for it, do I have to worry about heat issues?

I thought I read that people have submerged the motor/pump in oil to keep it
quieter. Does oil (which type to use - motor/hydraulic/other?) conduct
electricity?

I don't think it will be a large enough sub to have room for a bulkhead and
separate engine room. Maybe my next one :-)

Marten