From: Brian Cox
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] hatch squeeze

Dan,  Thanks for the info !  yeh I tend to jump head first into things, but even if I have to do some things over again I think it will be worth it.----- But I don't think I will go too far off from my design. I have constructed a mock up pressure hull out of barrels so I can get an idea of where everything goes.  This thing is so different than any other sub I wouldn't be suprised if I had to build it twice. There are some unknowns that can only be understood by actually building it (refering to the ferro-cement part)   But the pressure hull will follow all the same rules as every other sub so that part will not be different.     I was if fact looking at the pictures you posted - Wow that is a mega lathe use were using ! I was squinting to see the details on the hatch.   My table set up is for the mill, I have a rotary table at the collage which I have modified to hold the hatch cover secure while milling.  I have actually painted my self into a few corners though !

Is the "o" ring on the hatch or the hatch seat?

Brian