Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater tent...

Sounds like PR is your dream place then..
Concrete is the building material of preference, though cardboard boxes are all over the place.. literally. The economy is zero, except for what can bludged off the US gvt. (which is gradually getting less anyhow as they decide that they prefer to spend money
on shooting people and crashing helicopters).
The law enforcement is also zero, unless you are speeding in a school zone, or driving an unregistered car and even then a few bucks can get you out of the problem. Regulations are formidable only until you concede that whoever is doing the enforcing is smarter, funnier, richer, better looking and is much better at sex and dancing than you are.

Furthermore, the ocean is blue and deep, the rain is heavy and transient, the jungle is green and thick and the mosquitos are persistent but few.

Modern things like computer-systems are still new-ish here, and the companies that do run them do a pretty bad job anyhow (education of the general public it horrifying.. they begin to teach algebra at university...!) . A gringo like you will probably have no problems getting employment, even if you can only program is BASIC!

By the way.. did I mention that it is DAMN HOT here now? No snow at all.. not even sleet. There'snow doubt about it, its hot.
EM.

Warren Greenway wrote:

I couldn't afford to buy a cardboard box in CA. I
am trying to avoid places with artificially inflated
economies and excessive regulations.

Warren.

--- Brian Cox <ojaibees@ojai.net> wrote:
Have you considered So. Cal ?