Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Underwater tent...

Cool! Thanks! One thing about that link that is
interesting is that they are measuring PAR. I told the
company I was working for that underwater PAR
measurments would become important in the near future.
They laughed. Hmmm. I designed a PAR instrument once
before!

Warren.

http://sofia.usgs.gov/publications/ofr/00-361/sharq.html

> On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 15:16:18 -0700 (PDT) Warren
> Greenway
> <opensourcesub@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Yeah, I was thinking of something similar...But
> here's
> > the catch. Make your panels out of the fiber
> > reinforced
> > recycled tire material and use belting and
> adhesive
> > to hold the pieces together. I like the concrete
> > approach, but I wonder how you would assemble it?
> > Would you pour the sections on a barge and lower
> them
> > into place over a temporary structure? I have
> wondered
> > about building on the bottom, but it seems that
> the
> > uncertain and silty nature of the bottom would
> make
> > it more desirable to float on a tether...Hmmm.
> >
> > Warren.
> >
> > --- Brian Cox <ojaibees@ojai.net> wrote:
> > > What I have thought of before was a geodesic
> dome
> > > where all of the tiangles are made of reeforced
> > > concrete (concrete is my life !) .The dome could
> be
> > > assembled on land first and then taken apart and
> > > reasembled under water, the triangles would
> > > interlock and then assembled underwater and
> membrain
> > > would be fitted to the inside of the dome so no
> air
> > > would escape through cracks.  The wieght of the
> > > cement triangles would keep the dome on the
> floor of
> > > the ocean.
> > >
> > > Brian

today!