[PSUBS-MAILIST] welding used steel

Hello,

A few days ago I came accross a pressure vessel from a truch trailer wich shape (Full round endcaps, some 12 mm wall thickness) would be very suitable for a large psub.
I have not direct the intention for such a large project but I wonder if the steel is still weldable since it is used for propane /butane liquid gas for years.
As a former ship repairer I know it is NOT(reasonaly)possible to weld steel from diesel tanks because the diesel gets in the porosity of the steel and as liquid gas is also a hydrocarbon fuel...

Grs,
Emile D.L. van Essen
www.AiResearch.nl