Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Stainless & O rings

I think you should check your facts on this one, I don't believe parker had any interest in manufacturing those rings.  Besides, there was nothing wrong with the seals. They where never designed to operate at the temperature that morning, it was to cold, thats all.  You may also want to look at an alternate procedure for your junk pile through hull shat fitting.  The type of fitting your refuting to is a stuffing box and is good for only about one atmosphere, plus it is designed to drip water for cooling and lubrication.

Note: Parker is the company that supplied the "o" rings for the space shuttle that blowed up.  But maybe nasa didn't check the specs?

Do you Yahoo!?