Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: The Kinder, Gentler....changed to Verne

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:03:56 -0500 Michael B Holt writes:
> And
> >the pitiable bankrupt among us whose submersible resides and
> remains
> >as an illusion of the mind.
>
> I don't see that there's anything particularly bankrupt about not
> having built anything.   Carsten, the high-end role model here,
> was in that state a while back.

There was a point to my madness.  Tongue 'n cheek not directed to
pSubs members. But, I guess I failed.  I'm done. Not worth discussing
beyond this.

> I was very disappointed with the Disney movie.  I'd read the book
>
> > Verne did not
> >leave a builder's manual or a How-to-book.  There are only hints
> and
> >artists' conception of the Nautilus in "20K".
>
> Verne's book is the best 19th-century submarine design manual.
> Really.  His math works (if you use the latest translation!).

Yes, indeed, but I shot my volley and missed. Again, discussion not worth
pursuing.  ...not about the merits of Verne and "20K".

> Well .... it's not *completely* fiction.   They built the escape
> device,
> and
> it worked.

Okay  :-)