Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Cheap and heavy...

Pierre,

' Didn't mean to barge in like that on your post.  I've been looking
for lead, locally, for quite awhile and on internet, too, but came
up empty.

When I saw your message, I guess I just got excited. I should have
known better and ask on pSubs first like you had. I would have my
lead by now!

regards, --Steve

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:51:12 -0800 Steven Mills <cirtemoeg@juno.com>
writes:
> Hmmm, well, Pierre asked first, so he's got dibs.
>
> If not I'll pay for shipping on that?
>
> How about it?  Pierre?
>
> I'll look in the trash bins, too, I know I'll need more.
>
> Thanks, --Steve
>
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:25:09 -0800 (PST) Chris Nugent
> <dirkpitt77@yahoo.com> writes:
> >   At our shop we've got a whole bucketful of discarded used wheel
> > weights, probably on the order of 100-150 lbs.  Hell, we'd give
> them
> > away to any takers.  You guys should be looking in the trash bins
> > back by their tire machines.  You could probably talk any local
> > shops out of them for free...
> >
> >                           My .02
> >
> > Nuge
> >
> > Steven Mills <cirtemoeg@juno.com> wrote:
> > Yea, I checked that, but they're packaged small and that can get
> > expensive. I used to be able to buy large weights for fishing nets
> > and surf fishermen at tackle-bait shops, but I live in Southern
> > Nevada
> > no demand for that kind of thing. How about diver's belts?
> > I need to cast a shape so lead or bismuth alloy is what I'm
> looking
> > for.
> >
> > Crikey !!! If this was an old feedstore in the Midwest I'd have no
> > problem !
> >
> > --Steve
> >

> > On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:36:03 EST Subscuba@aol.com writes:
> > > How about wheel weights at your local tire store?
> > >
> > > Ken Martindale

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!