From: Dewey Mason <drmason2001@yahoo.com>
Sent: Mar 16, 2004 10:46 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] A hull within A hull

Hi All,
Actually, double hulled subs are not new, and in fact
are the standard design on most Russian and former
Soviet bloc allies boats. They are heavier, and
stronger than mono hulled boats, and actually easier
to make quiet. The outer hull gives tremendous
buoyancy as a ballast tank, and with bulkheads allows
a great safety margin as well as trim control on the
surface. I plan to use multiple sectioned inner hulls
inside a streamlined outer for my boat.

Dewey R Mason II
Abyss Marine Technologies