Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Check Lists

In a message dated 3/14/04 7:04:32 PM Pacific Standard Time, cirtemoeg@juno.com writes:
Trying to determine software that is "free" is another. There are demos
and
shareware, but time or usage crippled.  Fine for quick assesments with
intentions to purchase, but not good if one wants to take their time
learning
over a long period of time.

Steve,

Try the following page:

Free and Low-Cost CFD Software

But I have a basic academic question: What do you see as being the primary goal or value that you intend/desire to get out of the software?  Even though my design is hydrobatic, I'm still leaning toward opting out of the CFD analysis because I question just how much added benefit I'd derive relative to the time it would take me to learn a new software.  To be fair, though, I also hated fluid dynamics in school. :)  What are your thoughts?

Warm Regards,
Shawn

*****

"Call nothing thy own except thy soul.
Love not what thou art, but only what thou may become.
Do not pursue pleasure, for thou may have the misfortune to overtake it...
Live in the vision of that one for whom great deeds are done ..."

Man of LaMancha, D. Wasserman