Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Speaking of youngsters and dive physiology in general

In a message dated 3/12/04 7:19:01 AM Pacific Standard Time, tlohm@juno.com writes:
Functionally, that's probably the same thing as epilepsy.   Do you
have any warning of an "narcoleptic event"?   (What do you call
them?)
Agreed, loss of consciousness is loss of consciousness and not a good thing while SCUBA diving or subbing.  And, nope, no aura or similar to warn me ... sucks ... though not all narcoleptics have sleep attacks.
I never seriously considered a one-seater.   Well, not since I was
about 15.  If I'm going to all this trouble, I want to show it off to
someone!
Aye!  I'd been suppressing reality during the time my design was a single-seater.  Fortunately, my wife and best friend of nearly 20 years has gracefully eased that concern by agreeing to be my co-pilot ... knew there was another reason I married her!

Warm Regards,
Shawn

*****

"Call nothing thy own except thy soul.
Love not what thou art, but only what thou may become.
Do not pursue pleasure, for thou may have the misfortune to overtake it...
Live in the vision of that one for whom great deeds are done ..."

Man of LaMancha, D. Wasserman