From: Greeff, Marius (M)
Sent: 11 March 2004 07:39
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Reserved buoyancy

Thanks Carsten,
The mid section where my conning tower is located is 21mm thick steel,
grade of steel I am not sure of so drop testing will be no1 on list of
tests. This already with the first section of coning tower displaces
close to 1 m3 and weighs 660Kg. This section is 1.35m long. Adding the
rest of the hull and conning tower will take it to 1.85 m3. Here I will
use 1/4" thick steel where view ports will be placed. I would like my
buoyancy correct on paper to cancel out any other parts still to come
like the motors and battery pods. I will ammend my design to a point
where it will work before I make another hasty buy.

PS. Erik Muller, fun experiment: raw egg floats in salt water and sinks
in fresh water.

Kind regards,
Marius