Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Reserved buoyancy

Hello Carsten,
I am just following up on that calc.
I am unclear why the displacement is different for salt and fresh water. I know that the boyant force will be different, but surely if I put a 1cm cube of metal into a cup of liquid, I still displace 1cm, regardless of anything else disolved., Do you mean to write that the boyant force is 1 5323 kg (i.e. rather than m^3) in fresh and 1 5706 kg in sea?
Thanks Carsten,
EM.

Carsten Standfuss wrote:

Show us the general weight calculation of your boat here.. I estimate that : A.1) Estimate bouancy calculation :
0,921 by 0,921 x 3,1415/4 x 2,3 m = 1,5323 m3 displacement in freshwater
(1,5706 in seawater) without endcaps and outside displacement parts. B.1) Estimate weight calculation :
hmm...
Which tickness has the pipe ?  Mild steel or stainless ?

regards Carsten

Steven Mills schrieb:
Ouch ! Marius,

What grade and standard of steel did you get?

--Steve

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:58:33 +0200 "Greeff, Marius (M)"