Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuttle valves & Divorce Court

Hi Steve!

Could that be used to estimate spped with a given thrust?

Pierre

From: Steven Mills <cirtemoeg@juno.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuttle valves & Divorce Court
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:00:05 -0800

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:43:42 -0400 Erik Muller <emuller@naic.edu> writes:
> HEY!
> Thats good ballast!, or at the very least, you can use it as an
> anchor...
> What about my sensitive bum? Can you at least pad the porcelain?

Well, okay, I was going to keep the seat for myself, but I will share.

> Hmm, we really SHOULD scuttle this one..

You're quite right. What a way to start the mornin' [ here at least ].

Gotta get back on track.

I'm searching and gathering a suite of tools to test out your sub design.
And anyone elses' design for that matter. Performance-wise that is.
There isn't one definitive package. I'm taking my cue from that AUV
report
that I posted some time back. They used proEngineer, ANSYS, and a
mesh generator, but still had to tweak the software. I've come up with
some
free software, but they don't quite hit the mark.  I'm thinking maybe
aerodynamic CFDs since the laminar flow and boundary layers should be
close approximating a wind tunnel.

Well, that's what I'm doing now in between ranting and keeping guard over
the toilet seat.

Just thought you'd like to know....
--Steve

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/