Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuttle valve

Hmmm. I can imagine the thoughts going through one's mind when in the process of scuttling. Here you are, in a sub with your crew. And now you gotta take "the plunge". Nasty. Worth discussing though.

As for Keel Haul, that was a punishment used in the days of sailing against crewmen that misbehaved. It was the one before walking the plank. If they survived the keel haul, which some did, they were taught a significant lesson. When walking the plank the only real lesson is that you better be on good terms with God and the sharks.
Carl

Steven Mills wrote:

All hands !

Didn't most WWII subs have scuttle valves?

When "all is lost" and there is no hope of "resolution", it was time to
abandon ship and send that grey lady to the bottom?

Are you getting my drift here?

Next, I might want to discuss the topic of  "keel haul"  .

Arrrh,  Steve  : )

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

--
"By the side of religion, by the side of science, by the side of poetry, stands natural beauty. Not as a rival to these, but as the common inspirer and nourisher of them all." -- G. M. Trevelyan