Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Self introduction

Thank you for the warm welcome Steve, Carl & Mike.

I have made literally thousands of designs & conceptual drawings.
All the originals were 1ATM designs.
After reviewing the PSUBS website and others I gained the impression that
ambient designs are cheaper and easier to make, so my latest twenty
cencepts are all ambient.
None of my concepts are realistic, because I do not know what material
and components to use, or their capabilities.

Thank you for your comments walter.
Yes I am aware of the ambient concept and have considered the problem
that you pointed out.
My theoretical solotion was to minimise cabin volume and hence minimise
weight and the amount of compressed air required.
I made a mockup of a cabin that fit me almost like a pressure suit, with
space only where I need to operate controls and move.
I don't have my design with me (currently at work) but I calculated that
it would displace around 280kg.
My cencerns with 1ATM designs are mainly related to my own ability to
construct one.

Very interested in your comments
Alex Foreman