[PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Self introduction

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 07:23:23 +1030 "Alexander Foreman" writes:
>Good morning gentlemen

He called us "gentlemen"!

>I have recently joined your mailing list as I am very interested in
>submarine design.

Welcome!

>I would like to construct a one person dry ambient submarine for minimum
>expence for the purpose of coastal underwater observation. This will
>be my first submarine and I would like it to be as simple and easy to
>construct as possible. I intend to start building in 12 months time.
>Sub requirements:
>1. Trailer transportable
>2. Light as possible (hopefully below 300kg)
>3. Low cost ($2,000 - $10,000)

Look at the "Markham" submarine.  It's not quite totally dry,
but it will suit your requirements.

>My skills & strengths:
>Qualified SCUBA diver. Good indepth understanding of how submarines
>work and their history. Competent at technical design. Good
understanding
>of mathematics & physics.

The Markham boat is perfect for you.

>My weaknesses:
>No trade skills. Only have very basic tools. Never made anything more
>substantial than a model aircraft. Little understanding of what
>products are suitable and where to get them.

This is a good place to start asking questions.   It may be impossible
to find such a range of skills, talent and experience concerning small
submarines, anywhere else in the world.   It is, without any doubt,
extremely unlikely that you'll find as much horsepower anywhere
else.

Mike Holt

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!