Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Leak Alarm

In a message dated 3/6/04 8:26:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, katsurencho@yahoo.com writes:
You can get just about any item at a lot lower price, and they have lots of stuff. In my projects i can buy enough to build 10 projects for the price of one from Radio Shack. I don't think Radio Shack is as orentied to homebuilders as they once were.
I agree.  It's not "our father's Radio Shack any more."  But, then again, neither are there as many of us homebuilders out there any more, as witnessed by the death of Heathkit and similar companies, so RS's shift toward consumer electronics is simply a matter of staying viable. [sigh]  But, as you pointed out, thankfully there are alternatives, mostly mail-order, that offer better selections and prices.

Warm Regards,
Shawn

*****

"Call nothing thy own except thy soul.
Love not what thou art, but only what thou may become.
Do not pursue pleasure, for thou may have the misfortune to overtake it...
Live in the vision of that one for whom great deeds are done ..."

Man of LaMancha, D. Wasserman