[PSUBS-MAILIST] Leak Alarm

Here's little unit I thought might be of interest to anyone building.

I wanted to install something to detect any water leaking in to my K-350's battery pods and the three thruster pods before it creates a problem with operations.

I fooled around with a few circuits but they were either to sensitive or not sensitive enough.  I came across this little unit on the net and ordered it.  It sells for around $30 including a nine volt battery and shipping.
http://www.floodbusteronline.com/index.html

I made my own sensors, which are no more then a piece of copper in each pod, and ran wires to the unit in the hull where I can switch to "All pods" or select each pod separately to determine where the leak is.  The only things I needed to add to the unit were a on/off switch, a selector switch and a diode in the line from each pod.

Cheap and it works well,
Dan H.