Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Posted my design too!

Greetings EM

Slick looking design.  Not the metal can I'm building :)   You might consider reducing the displacement of the cabin in order to decrease the amount of ballast required when you convert to dry? Maybe you can use 2 canopies, one for hydrodynamics and the second for the air seal.  Since you're going to operate shallow you may want to consider that light entering the top of the canopy will reduce downward visibility due to reflection.  You'll need a forward ballast compartment too, or you'll have to add dive planes and be more like the Bionic Dolphin (www.bionicdolphin.com)  And you need some way of getting in and out without sinking once you strap on the ballast needed to be dry, because your canopy opening will likely be below the water line.  Maybe inflatable pontoons or a small top hatch?  The v-tail is cool and low drag but they require a mixer that will complicate the build some.

Thanks for showing your design.  I look forward to seeing more.

Doug Jackson