From: "Greeff, Marius (M)" <Marius.Greeff@sasol.com>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] My psub has begun
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:43:38 +0200

I got my first part for the pressure hull this weekend. It is a piece of pipe in the form of a 'T' about 53' long and 36' diameter with wall thickness of 0.8' and the tower bit also 36' and protruding about 5'. It weighs 660Kg. I am planning to add two short ends to the ends and making use of a end cap with a hole cut in for a 24' conning tower and this mid section leaves a bit more room below then. These pipes where designed for use in a petro chem. plant to last for a very long time under high pressure.

Making use of very small bulkheads of not more than a 1/2' thick, after more calculations perhaps and then only where the viewports are located.

I will still post my plans after some criticism that will be more than welcome.

Kind regards
Marius

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof,
is subject to the standard Sasol eMail disclaimer which may be found at:
http://www.sasol.com/disclaimer

If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached and you wish
to receive a copy thereof please send an eMail to
disclaimer@sasol.com

This email was scanned and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal.

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! http://fr.ca.search.msn.com/