Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Toys

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:04:03 -0500 (EST) Jonathan Wallace writes:

>I'm pretty sure Dave was being facitious when he wrote that.  He's
>probably got a birthday coming up and is refusing to acknowledge
>it by attempting to erase 60's shows from his memory.  I bet he
>remembers 'leave it to beaver'

You may have a point, there.   We'll assume he remembers
the 60s as clearly as do I, and wants to leave it behind.

My main memory of the show is wondering if the sub's budget
was too low to afford fuses or circuit breakers.   Well, that and
wondering why anyone would design the bow such that any
speed would force the nose down.

(I was an annoying little kid.   I found all the markings errors
and factual mistakes and stuff like that.  By the time I was
about 12, Dad didn't like to watch TV with me in the room.)

I did hear, when I was on the Seaview mailing list, that someone
had bought the 16-foot version of the sub.   It was never made
clear, but my impression from the photos was that a diver was
supposed to be in it, making it do everything (like letting bubbles
out of the MBT inlet valves).   Does anyone know the truth?

Mike

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!