Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] space station o2 generator- a candle to burn, status ryan's

Look up Nituff. They can impregnate anodized surfaces
with Teflon. The surface is extremely hard (will
destroy carbide cutters), very slick, and can be
protect the aluminum better then anything I have ever
heard of.

Warren.

--- Michael B Holt <tlohm@juno.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 11:52:21 -0500 "dino snider"
> writes:
> >
> >Re: hull coatings - curious if worth use of teflon
> coating. Would
> >reduce operating costs, and increase speed
> slightly.
>
> How does one coat anything with Teflon?   I don't
> know anything
> about it.   Ignoring the speed thing, Teflon would
> certainly limit the
> problem of plant growth on the hull.
>
> As far as speed goes ... I have a report here that
> what works best
> is to put longitudinal grooves in the hull.   The
> improvement is so
> small that it takes a lot of power to make the
> machining worth the
> trouble and the cost.
>

> Mike Holt

> The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno
> SpeedBand!
> Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
> Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up
today!