[PSUBS-MAILIST] For Pierre...

Hi Pierre!

    Well, the closest you'll come to my tube and composite thoughts from my aviation days is the Bionic Dolphin, which is Kevlar on shaped foam.  This is a sub coming at it from the lightweight side of design thinking, check it out:

http://www.bionicdolphin.com/

    If you search "Bionic Dolphin" on Google or whatever your favorite search engine may be, you'll find lots of stuff on it.  Read the performance figures on this thing.  This is not your father's submarine, to quote an Oldsmobile commercial, ha ha!

Cheers!

Rick...