Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] paint recommendation?

Hi Alec,

As Ian stated in another reply, the typical garage floor paint is acrylic paint,
and while fine on most surfaces, is not recommended for surfaces that may have
poisture coming through them (i.e. hydrostatic presure coming through the
concrete.) (They aren't very good protection for metal either: too permeable.)

That being said, acrylics really aren't what you want for Solo. You either want
an epoxy paint, or alternately a polyurethane paint. Expoxy is your most
suitable choice: polyurethanes are harder to apply and harder to touch up.

Note, there are true epoxy paints marketed for garage floors, and these would be
suitable for your use. Be careful though, there are alot of acrylic floor paints
that have an epoxy component, but they aren't true expoxies. Basically, if the
paint you use doesn't have two components, then it isn't expoxy (or polyurethane
for that matter).

Regards,
Jeff