Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery explosions

What happens is this:

Given an anode and a cathode immersed in water with an electrolyte to conduct current and a current applied:

2 H2O --> 2H2 + O2

In simple terms, electricity will split two molecules of water into two molecules of Hydrogen gas and one molecule of Oxygen gas.  This happens when you charge a battery because a battery has water, an anode, and a cathode.  One gas forms at the anode, the other at the cathode.  I don't remember which forms where.

In the presence of a spark, 2 molecules of Hydrogen gas will combine explosively with one molecule of Oxygen gas to produce 2 molecules of water in a powerfully exothermic reaction as such...

2H2 + O2 --> 2H2O

Just say BOOM.  That's what they talk about when they talk about hydrogen fuel because it's a non-polluting fuel which produces heat and water when burned.

You can use a hydrocap to convert these gases to water without the explosion.  The information is in the PSUBS listing for Sources.  Hydrocap Access
Contact Mr. George Peroni at Hydrocap Corp., 975 N.W. 95 Street,
Miami, FL 33150 ¥ telephone: 305-696-2504.