Re: RES: RES: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient pressure design considerations

Hi Jorge;

We're talking apples vs. oranges.  If you are going to use a scrubber, I agree that oxygen consumption is low compared to air consumption without a scrubber.

However, in the absence of a scrubber, ventilation requirements are 2 scfm of air per person at rest and 4 scfm of air per person not at rest  (NOAA Diving Manual.)   The flow rate is dependent on the number of occupants, not on the cabin volume.

The Sport Sub does not use a scrubber.

Stan