Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Back to surface propulsion (generators)

Get a motor that uses brushes.  Havn't messed with brushless motors, so
I don't know if they work.  But a motor that uses the regular graphite
brushes can be electrically driven to produce mechanical power or
mechanically driven to produce electricity.  Kinda like the St. Louis
motor of years back.  Get a motor and a multimeter and you can figure
out what voltage and what amperage you're gonna get at a given number of
RPMs.  Just takes some experimenting is all.  A decent one to start with
is a fan motor for a swamp cooler.  You can get a used motor fairly
cheap and record the data from the experiments.
Carl