From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Ray Keefer
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 5:10 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Viewport Toughness

Hi,

No such thing as "bullet proof". I have seen banks with "bullet proof"
glass (probably polycarbinate) windows an inch thick (1 inch = 2.54
centimeters). Seems they have to be thick to absorb the energy of most
common projectiles.

"bullet proof" glass may be tough but how tough? How tough is enough?
The only real extensive viewport research was done by Stachiw on
acrylic. Anyone deviating from acrylic needs to take samples of their
target material and test it. You must see for yourself if the target
material is as tough as you want.

Regards,
Ray

Pierre Poulin wrote:
> Could it have been prevented with
> the "bullet proof" windows? I don't know... Just a tough.
>
> Thanks for the comments!
>
> Pierre Poulin

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.