Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sensor Interfacing

Yes, I have plenty of experience with BS1 and BS2
modules. They are extremely simple to use, a little
pricey, but not unreasonable, and more durable then
many modules. Hoever, they are extremely limited and
will do nearly nothing without some support circuitry.
This is where it comes down to preference, once again,
the PIC has nothing on the MSP430. I still very
strongly
recommend a TI eval kit for $49. Also, there is
another
Basic Stamp type option, the BasicX from NetMedia. It
is
cheaper, more durable, and more powerfull then the
BS2.
One final option in the way of modules is the ZWorld
Rabbit modules. These are VERY verstile modules that
are painfully easy to use and reasonably priced. Once
again, the MSP430 will beat it hands down, but the
Rabbit modules are cake to use. The Rabbit modules,
as an example have PWM motor controllers, RS232,
rotary encoders, analog measurement ports, etc. The
Stamp is the easiest to get your feet wet, (hehe...),
but it will run out of steam real fast.

Warren.