From: "Sean T. Stevenson" <sts@telus.net>
To: <personal_submersibles@psubs.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sensor Interfacing

> You can actually get away from PC/OS based solutions entirely for about
the same cost as a good industrial computer.  I have some experience using
National Instruments' Compact Fieldpoint controller, which allows you to run
software written in LabVIEW (on a PC) in real-time on the controller.  A
variety of different modules (analog input, analog output, digital input,
digital output, PWM control, thermocouple, etc.) are available for the
compact fieldpoint system.

> Whatever you decide to do, make sure that the hardware will work in a 100%
humidity environment.   You may need an additional enclosure.