[PSUBS-MAILIST] freya/ tank question

Nice pictures from Peter  his craft. I think he has built a very practical sub seen the number of dives and the possebility to operate autonomus.
I got a few questions about (ballast) tanks; hope somebody can help me.
-is my tought right that saddle tanks placed on the waterline (like a Seehund) add surface stability?
-Is a sub with only 2 hard ballast tanks more difficult to trim?
-What is better for a psub soft ballast tank, an open water inlet or with a valve?

thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

regards,

Emile D.L. van Essen
www.AiResearch.nl