[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hopefully seeing U-505 in August

This August my GF and I are going to visit her daughter and former inlaws in Minnesota.  She's already been to see the U-505 once before in her life but
would gladly see it again with me (one of the many reasons I love her!!)

So are their any suggestions for doing this?
I read something a few years ago about it best to arrive when museum was opening so you could go through at your own pace, is this true?
Are there any other submarine related things to see in Chicago?

TIA
Larry Murray