Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Just toy subs again...

On 7/13/03 9:22 AM, "David Buchner" <buchner@wcta.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at 12:58 PM, Jake Colman wrote:\
>> Speaking of toy subs, I happen to own a radio controlled sea wolf sub.
>> bought it from amazon.com for about 75 bucks. It has a propeller that
>> pushes
>> it forward and backward and the propeller itself turns to push it left
>> and
>> right. There is a little motor on the bottom that pushes it up and
>> down in
>> the water. I love it. It can keep me (and everyone watching)
>> entertained for
>> hours, or until the batteries run out;)
>
> Cool. I've seen pictures; I know the one you're talking about. Do you
> do anything to adjust the buoyancy, before sending it off? Or does it
> just ride really low in the water, and use that "up and down" propeller
> to control depth?
>
> I'm not going as far as to say, "That's as close as I'll ever get" --
> but for the time being, little toys and models like that, and
> conglomerations of pop bottles and hoses and duct tape, is where I'm
> getting all my submarine experience.

To make it neutral bouyant you add weights untill it sits in the water at  a
certain level. The the little motor makes it go up and down. It can get bout
3 feet underwater, the it looses the signal and it pops back up. I'm shure
you can get one on ebay.
-- Jake Colman
   Dancing Donkey Entertainment
   Jake@Superdailies.com